Although there might be savings moving to the cloud, the reason to move to the cloud is about a company’s core business strategy. More importantly, your company’s core business is the reason to move to the cloud.
- How does owning a lot of computer infrastructure help you compete in today’s fast paced market place?
- Does money spent on infrastructure help your core mission or can that money be used more effectively?
- Does having an IT staff help your sales and marketing effort?
- Does having a lot of infrastructure help you grow?
- Does having infrastructure that is adequate today help you grow for tomorrow?
- Is the infrastructure you own today truly adequate for you to accomplish your mission?
From the days of the first mainframes that filled a football field to this fast paced server based internet age, it’s always been about getting information to the right people when they need it. The cloud solves this problems for your business.
- Information when you need it and where you need it
- Easy to manage OpEx monthly payments versus large CapEx cash outlays
- Never need to update equipment
- Allows you to dedicate your company resources to your core business
- No infrastructure to manage
- Never have to worry about updating security software
- No maintenance costs
- Don’t have to worry about old systems losing support
- Don’t have to worry about backups
- Don’t have to worry about under ordering or over ordering infrastructure
- No infrastructure cash outlay.
- Allows for ultimate system flexibility that expands when you expand and contracts when you contract
Moving to the cloud isn’t all about the money, it’s about increasing your company’s core business by driving revenue and growth.
I-Business Network has been managing cloud infrastructure since 1999, long before the cloud was even called the cloud. We specialize in hosting Sage 100cloud, Sage 300cloud, Sage 500cloud, Sage CRM, Sage HRMS, Sage FAS and Sage BusinessWorks in two SSAE 16 data centers. For more information about hosting your Sage ERP in the cloud, contact Bob Tobey at email@example.com or 678-627-0646 x231.