SAP has been a leader in business management software, and they have maintained their leadership by staying ahead of trends to meet customer needs. The 2019 SAP SMB Innovation Summit held in Orlando June 18-20 was focused on how companies are starting to use big data, coupled with artificial intelligence to create the Intelligent Enterprise.
What does that jargon mean to small to mid-sized business (SMB) and why should you care?
What is the Intelligent Enterprise?
With the help of SAP and leading partner organizations, it means that the technology that we often associated with the Googles and Amazons are becoming available in our market for practical application. SAP has and continues to make the investment in the technologies and specific customer projects to make the intelligent enterprise possible for SAP Business One customers.
Some examples highlighted at the conference included:
- Augmented reality for controlling manufacturing machinery with a virtual reality headset integrated with the SAP Business One Production module
- image recognition to match clothing products worn by a customer to the Business One inventory system
- Embedding sensors in machines that feed information in real time to SAP Business One for data capture and analytics.
- Voice controlled warehouse management systems that speak to the warehouse personnel and records inventory transactions as they talk to the system.
These innovations are available today, but SAP is always looking forward with both short term and long term solutions. In the short term, SAP continues to update its platforms and systems for ease of use and lower total cost of operations. In the mid term, SAP is incorporating new technologies to rewrite and revolutionize the user experience with a clear focus on long term transition to Quantum Computing with Block Chain and the future internet platform.
Why should you care?
Your business is likely becoming more and more dependent upon technology solutions. The new connected world means that your "accounting" software has become the central repository of data for managing your business. When it comes to business management software, you don't want to switch systems every few years. To be successful you need a platform that:
- Changes and adapts with your business as you grow.
- integrate with e-commerce websites, customer portals, vendor systems, etc.
- Supply the information on any device any where
- In real time for faster decisions and more accurate information.
More importantly you need partners who have a proven to keep up with change over time. As a leader in the industry, I-BN has completely redesigned its cloud three times and partners with technology developers like SAP who are leading the change. For more information contact an I-BN representative at Ibn@i-bn.net or call 678-627-0646 x 230.